Friday, March 20, 2015

John Street jam

Some of you may have heard of (or even played at) the John Street Jam in Saugherties. A couple have been running it for quite a few years but are now retiring the show. It is a pity, because they brought together 8 of the best singer/songwriter folk/rock/pop/blues musicians in the greater area to play in the round, taking turns. Always a wonderful show and known for having fantastic musical talent.
Well, I am wondering if a model like that would be possible locally here. We have the musical talent (they ran monthly for many years, and many folks from this area were included), but we would need people to help organize it, equipment for sound, people to advertise it, and a place to have it.
I could certainly work on it, but I doubt I could do it all myself. I am wondering if there is any interest in bringing a hudson/columbia county style john street jam here....

No comments:

Post a Comment